For the past three years, Mt. Juliet has been ranked in the top 5 "Most Business Friendly Cities" in the state by the Beacon Center of Tennessee. Affordable, clean, well governed, and prosperous, Mt. Juliet has seen exponential population and business growth over the last decade, with over 25,000 residents who now call MJ home. "Gateway" to the Appalachians and the Atlantic seaboard, Mt. Juliet is bordered by I-40, I-24, I-65 and SR-840, and a day's drive to more than half of the American population. All roads lead through Mt.Juliet.
Our neighbor, Nashville, "The Athens of the South", is filled with public institutions of higher education including Tennessee Tech, Tennessee State, Austin Peay and MTSU. Mt. Juliet is also a short commute to nationally renowned private schools like Vanderbilt, Belmont, Fisk, Cumberland and David Lipscomb Universities. In Mt. Juliet, everything to live, shop & play is right here. To start the process of making MJ your future home or business location, call Kenny Martin, Director of Economic Development at (615) 754-2552.
- 15 minutes from Nashville International Airport.
- Don't like taxes? The city has one of the lowest tax rates in TN.
- The "4 R's": Retail, Roads, Rivers and Rail meet here. MJ has one of America's newest commuter rail lines
- Our workforce is Trained, Capable and Ready!
- MJ has the largest shopping complex between Nashville and Knoxville, with hundreds of restaurants and shops.
- Incorporated less than 4 decades ago, our infrastructure is new, robust and improving daily.
- One of Tennessee's Fastest Growing Communities. Nearly 400 new houses last year and a new business permit every two days!
- Southern Hospitality at it's very finest.
The numbers add up
for Mt Juliet...
- Almost 24k people from the 2010 Census, and growing.
- 2.83 persons in average household
- $74,670 Median income for household (latest estimate)
- Nearly $36k Per capita income
- Wilson County is one of the state's top 5 most affluent counties, and has the 2nd highest median income in Tennessee
- The 2010 Census has Wilson as Tennessee's fastest growing county and 29th fastest growing in the U.S.
Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, Bureau of Economic Analysis and State of Tennessee